Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Stuffed Veggies are Delish

A couple of weeks ago I really didn't feel like making dinner. Ben was working from home and decided to take on the task. We had quite a few zucchini from our garden this year so we were eating them pretty frequently. This particular evening, he made stuffed zucchini. I think there was some sausage, cheese, rice, spices, and maybe some onion and garlic involved. It was delicious. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture.

I was reading through some blogs and came across Little Miss Momma's dinner party {how beautiful is this party by the way?}she and a friend hosted and got a wonderful idea to make stuffed peppers.

For mine, I cooked a wild rice box mix, cooked sausage, onions and garlic together. I added the cooked rice and some goat cheese into the mix. While all this was going on, I had been roasting the hollowed out green bell peppers for about 20 minutes on 400 degrees. I took the peppers out, stuffed 'em with the mix and back in the oven they went for about another 20 minutes. You'll know when they are sizzling if they are ready.

Yum. They were good and I enjoyed trying something a lil' different but really easy. Sometimes it gets frustrating when you try a new recipe, get a whole bunch of new ingredients, it takes forever and then its just okay, you know? Anyway, try they peppers, they are good. And, the best part is that you can pretty much put whatever you want in them!

No comments: