Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hot Mess

My mom's good friend is an artist. I mean a real artist. She is so creative and always thinking up some new project and comes up with some really impressive stuff. Her most recent interest has been encaustic art. Takes wax, a blow torch, wooden canvases and has a hay-day. {literally because she kind of lives on a farm.} So, I, recently became an owner of one of her pieces and I love it.


Definitely up in the air over whether this is a "final" art arrangement for the family room {yes to the star, no star, move the star. Hang the wax art, don't hang it, move the wax art. Oh, the many decisions.} Anyway, I do love the way the colors go with the room still kind of clash. {i.e. the teal and turquoise colors.

Just wanted to take a moment to say how talented I think this lady is and how I hope that her business/love will just continue to grow. I also LLLLLove original art pieces as well as LOCAL pieces. There really is nothing like the feeling of falling in love with a beautiful art piece while knowing that I am supporting local and most likely no one else will have it in their family room. Here are a few more of her pieces for you to oogle over. I know I do. 
Image
Image
Image
Image
Ok, people, go ahead and "Like" The Wax Slayer  on Facebook, follow her endeavors, see what she's up to in that adorable, creative and fun studio of hers set on her farm in the middle of a wooded area. Oh ya. And she has chickens. Love.


1 comment:

The Wax Slayer said...

thank you Allyce, youre just too sweet! such nice words... coming from such a great blogger/foodie friend!! i really love your blog, and always look foreward to what youre working on too!! xoxo