Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Day Link-Up

button


Well, well, no secrets here, I LOVE me some Thanksgiving. I love that it is basically focused on family, relaxing and food! I like that it isn't as stressful as Christmas what with giving gifts and such and more focused on the things I mentioned above. I am excited about it being Eleanor's first Thanksgiving and I think she will  have a great time testing all the food. She has had a lot of it before but some may be new, so that will be fun. It has also been really fun to remember back to this time last year and how much anticipation we had to meet our little girl and she came one week later!

I decided to link-up with lil' Miss Holly today for a short questionnaire about the fun holiday.


1. What do you look forward to more: the food, football or parades?
Obviously, I look forward to the food the most. I love a good feast and it is such a fun day, grazing on snacks, sampling bits of the dishes before they go on the table and then the all-out feast we are blessed to enjoy!

2. What is your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish?
My favorite non-traditional dish? Hm, that's a tough one but I may have to say it was my melting leeks that I made a couple of years ago. I loved them and haven't made them since! So silly, I know. Sauteed leeks with cream, seasonings and topped with a crunchy, bread crumb-parmesean crust were a nice side dish. Maybe I will try them again this year. I do love all the traditional foods though!

3. After dinner, is it football or a nap?
I'm sure football will be on, and I will glance at it every once and awhile. I would love a good full-belly nap and maybe, just maybe, I could sneak off and catch a 30-minute cat-nap.

4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float?
I would say I like to have it on in the background but I am not glued to the television. I think I like the idea of it more than actually watching it. I think it is kind of a kick off to the holiday season so I like what it represents but probably would never go to it in person and don't have the attention span to watch the whole thing on TV.

5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal? Who is there (family, friends)?
For our first couple years we were married we actually hosted and it was really fun. I really enjoyed putting the meal on but last year since I was 9+ months pregnant, I figured I could take the year off and this year, my mom is hosting so we will go there, relax, help out and enjoy the meal in their cozy house with my brother, his girlfriend, my grandparents, great-grandma.

6. What is your favorite turkey day dessert?
My favorite dessert on Thanksgiving has to be pecan pie. I just love it. There are so many dishes we eat on Thanksgiving that we always say, "Why don't we make this more often?" and I think, for me, pecan pie is one of those. It is so easy, so delicious and I just think I should make it more often. I will definitely be enjoying some of that goodness in a couple of days!

Thanks for the link-up girls, now go ahead and take a minute to go link and talk about how your day may pan out!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I agree, I love that Tgiving is about family and being together, not about gifts! Thanks for joining in on the fun with HOlly and me! Happy Tgiving!

Holly said...

Melting leeks?! Sounds soooo good. And I am sorry for being a bad friend and finally reading this post five days later... You were number 60'something... and I just got through that many. Whew. :)