Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cake Mix Magic!

A little while ago, my grandma gave my this cookbook called "Cake Mix Magic." All of the recipes including cookies, bars, etc. use a box cake mix and then some add-ins. Well, a couple of weeks ago when I bought a yellow cake mix for the Hub's birthday cake and the box cake mixes were on sale so of course, I stocked up on a few. SO, the other day I was looking through this cookbook to use one of the boxes I have and of course I come across a pumpkin bar recipe. Well, I was feeling very "fallish" that day so I decide I have to make the Pumpkin Snack Bars. The irony of it all? It calls for a box mix that I hadn't stocked up on. I have my mind set on these bars so of course, I head to the store to get...Spice Cake Mix! All worth it because they are delicious and so easy so I thought I would share!
Pumpkin Snack Bars:
Cake:
1 package spice cake mix
1 can (16oz.) pumpkin
3/4 cup Miracle Whip or Miracle Whip Light Dressing
3 eggs
Frosting:
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

CAKE BLEND cake mix, pumpkin, dressing and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour into greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. BAKE at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
FROSTING BLEND all ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Spread over cake. Cut into bars. Makes about 3 dozen bars.

Enjoy!

No comments: