Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random

OK, so obviously it has been a while since my last post. The past few weeks have been pretty busy so I guess I will list off what has been going on because I don't think there is a cohesive way to put it together.
-My grandma is still not feeling well so emotionally this has been draining on me, trying to keep her in my thoughts, trying to support my mom and not be distracted in other areas of my life.
-We took a week long vacation to San Diego with 3 other couples (our first vacation with non-family members or just ourselves) and had an absolute blast! We relaxed on the beach, read, napped, made good food, drank cocktails, went to the zoo and Sea World, and played lots of games! What a fun, fun group of people and there is already talk of what trip we will take together next year! We are so fortunate to have a group of friends similar in age, place in life and that can get a long so well!
-We returned from San Diego and Hub headed straight to Vancouver, B.C. for the week for work (literally the same night we flew in from SD).
-While he was gone, I was sick, worked everyday, morning and nights and slept as much as possible.
-The day Hub returned, we celebrated his 26th birthday with dinner and cake at home. We spent the rest of the weekend at home, relaxing, enjoying each other and getting the house ready for fall (i.e. cleaning up the yard, bringing out fall decor, etc.).
-We also had to do something not-so-fun this past weekend and that was "breaking up" with our "little brother." Hub and I had been participating in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program and we have had a "little" for the past 10 months. However, due to our schedules growing busier by the minute (me with a second job, Hub with growing responsibility at work) and the talk of our own addition to our family (yes, in baby form) we just didn't feel it was fair to our little to be waiting around wondering when the next time we would see him was. As if he doesn't have enough going on in his life, we broke the news to him, however, it wasn't quite as bad as we had imagined. We explained it, let him ask questions and decided, with his mom that maybe it wouldn't be a "never see you again," but maybe "see you sometimes" so as not to cut ties permanently.
Now for the next couple of weekends, we are busy with some birthday celebrations so hopefully will remember the camera (which I remembered the camera for SD, just not the memory card!) and will post pictures as the events occur!

No comments: