Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Season

Obviously I have been doing a whole lot of this lately:


so there has been little time to "get into the Christmas spirit." Of course I decorated our house before the baby came so we are surrounded by Christmas decorations at home but I haven't been out in the hustle bustle of shopping, looking at lights or attending any holiday gatherings. We went over to my parents' on Friday night for dinner because Ben's parents were in town and when we pulled out onto our street I was reminded that it was Christmas time because I saw lights on our neighbors' houses. I hadn't been out at dark since November 30th.

I thought I would peruse and see what I may have been engaging in had I had more time on my hands over the past 18 days of December.

Every year I mean to make a Christmas card display before they start pouring in:


I may have tried out some new cookie recipes or cookie decorating ideas:

Source: bhg.com via Paige on Pinterest


I could have played around with some new decoration ideas for our annual sweater party that we did not have this year:

Source: annesage.com via Lynn on Pinterest


We would have toured the lights:


I do love the Christmas season but I have been perfectly happy at home doing what I have been doing. There will be many more Christmas seasons to come but only one season of my first child's first few weeks of life. 

What festivities have you participated in this season? Any cookie recipes that jumped out as favorites this year? What was your favorite party you attended? What is your family's favorite holiday tradition?

No comments: