Monday, June 11, 2012

Finally, Some Hair Bows

So when we found out we were having a girl, I didn't race out and buy tons of headbands, hairbows or accessories. I don't really know why. Don't get me wrong, I love a baby girl with a headband or hairbow just as much as the next person but I just didn't get the itch to do that.

Well, when I met my baby, she greeted us with a full head of dark hair. To me, right away, that distinguished her as a girl. I don't know why I thought that because I know there are a lot of boys born with lots of hair to but for some reason, I still didn't accessorize her head much.

I also would always think,"Oh, we are just at home, we don't need to put anything on her head," or ,"I don't want to put something on her head and then have her rub it off in her carseat or have it irritate her." I think I just didn't have a lot of logical thought for awhile, so let's face it, my cute baby girl, wasn't accessorized much. She also wore a lot of jammies. Hey, it was winter, okay?!

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I was checking out one of my favorite daily reads she talked about one of her sponsors and a really cute website to get hair accessories. Okay, I will also confess right now, I think that a lot of hair accessories for babies are way overpriced. Hence, my new love for Polkadot Posies! Her products are great quality, inexpensive and I ordered them, I think on a Monday or Tuesday and they arrived that Friday. I ordered two headbands and three bows that can be interchanged. My total, with shipping was around $10. Awesome.
Excuse this cell phone pic. Just wanted to get
one of the actual model! ;)
I really would love to be creative like this girl and make cute hair accessories {I mean, seriously, her bows are the cutest!} and, guess what? I bought some supplies to do so thinking it would be nice to have a quick and easy craft during Eleanor's naptimes but then she starting the whole napping-on-mom-quite-often thing so that hasn't worked out quite yet. I did make her a quick clip one day:


Anyway, I was not compensated to write this, I don't even know who is behind Polkadot Posies, but I just wanted to share my find, it's cuteness and affordability and thank AP!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You made that clip?! Look at you! I'm not a big bow person-- thank goodness our girls were born with a head full of hair. :)

Now I am going to pop over to that shop to window browse. :)