Thursday, July 14, 2011

19 Weeks

So I decided to ditch the "survey" type posts that I have done for the past few weeks and just talk about how I am feeling and what's going on with the babe.

Oh, we had our ultrasound last night.
Please meet our daughter! It was so amazing to see her moving around in there and just be able to watch her for over an hour. She was a little stubborn at the end and wasn't giving us a good view of her tailbone so we got to sit for a little bit longer. It's just really amazing to think that there is a little person swimming around in there. I think the most mind blowing aspect was that on the screen she looked so big but then looking at the measurements, it was all in centimeters!! Teeny tiny!

As of this week, I have been having a little more heartburn than usual and been feeling some round ligament pain. It feels like period cramps to me but not quite as severe. Not unbearable but not totally pleasant. I have also had the pleasure of feeling some movement. I guess I didn't really know what people meant or what the books meant but "flutters" or "similar to gas" but now I do and I can tell when it's her. I love it.

The ultrasound tech was so nice and really seemed to enjoy her job. I think it helps that she has a 20 month old granddaughter whom she is "smitten with." Her words. She told us that our baby, according to the formula they apply, weighs about 10 ounces. Wow, not even a pound yet. She sure has some growin' to do in the next four to five months!

It was so sweet to see Hub's reaction and his excitement through the whole appointment. His eyes were just glued to the screen and there were definitely some teary eyes for both of us. My parents got to come in after they told us the sex because we wanted it to be just the two of us to hear that. We then spoke to Hub's parents on the computer when we got home and they were so excited as well. Hub has two brothers, as I'm sure I have mentioned, so a girl in the family is a nice change of pace, I think.

All in all, we had a great evening and I think are still running on a high from actually getting to call our baby "her" and "she."

1 comment:

The Arizona Russums said...

I am so excited you are having a GIRL! Lori told us while we were camping. How fun!