Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Nights

Source

I think I have mentioned before how much I love summer. And sun. With summer days along come summer nights. Which are almost just as good! I love bbqing, eating dinner outside, going for an evening stroll, having a fire; really pretty much anything including being outside late into the night. With having to wake up early, I go to bed pretty early too, but I still try to make the most of our evenings.
Source
The last couple of nights have been so great because I pretty much have dinner ready except for a little grilling to be done and we do that right when Hub gets home. We are in and out of the house while he is grilling and catching up on our day and then we sit down to dinner. We have a concrete patio so it is pretty warm where our outdoor patio furniture is so we have eaten at the dining room table. Not in front of the TV. It has been really nice to not have TV as a distraction and just visit, soaking up the breeze coming through the open window.
Source
After dinner, we clean up the kitchen together and head out to the yard with our books and relax a little more. This is also normally a time we would just veg out in front of the TV until we are ready for bed. It has been really refreshing to not spend so much time in front of the TV and that is another thing I love about summer. Less TV.

Our routine, unfortunately, will be a little different tonight since we have rain today. However, I think it may be a common one in the upcoming months. It is nice to slow down, take in the smells, sights and sounds of sweet, sweet summer time.

What are your summertime favorite activities? Do you have a routine on summer nights to make the most of your time? What are you grilling these days?

No comments: