Monday, July 25, 2011

An Actual Sunny Weekend

Well, I guess my dreary post the other day worked because this weekend was beautiful. My dad just recently got a new job and Friday was his last day at his old one. My mom, Hub and I went and met my dad when he was done to take him out for a little celebration. We went to a little town not far from here and had some drinks and appetizers. We sat outside at one place which was really nice because it was so sunny. We then decided the party would not stop there so we headed back to my parents for a BBQ. We had hamburgers and BBQed prawns. Yum.

Saturday, Hub and I had company coming but there were a few things we wanted to get done before they arrived so we were up early loading up the back of the pickup we borrowed from my parents and heading to the dump. We ordered carpet last week for the office and baby room so we decided instead of paying them to remove and dump the carpet for us that we would do it ourselves. Definitely worth it. It was really easy to rip the carpet out once Hub got one corner up it all just pulled out.

We came back from the dump, at which point I was starving, so I whipped us up a late breakfast and then Hub mowed the lawn. I did a few preparation things for our dinner later and just as we were finishing everything up and getting showered, our company arrived. Perfect timing. They have a Boston Terrier whom they brought and the last time we tried to let him swim he nearly drown. This time, they brought him a life jacket. We took the dogs down to the lake and it was pretty funny watching him take on the waves in his flotation device. We just relaxed all day playing yard games, smoking some ribs, snacking and visiting. We enjoyed a nice summer dinner of ribs, green salad and shrimp salad and then they headed home.

Sunday we had a leisurely morning since we had hopped right up the previous morning and read in bed for awhile and then made waffles with fresh strawberries for breakfast. Yummy. I have been having trouble reading my recent book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, because I always read it before bed and can only manage a few pages before my lids slam shut. Hub wanted to wash all the moss off our roof so while he did that I read. And read. And read. It was really nice and relaxing. He finished his job, we enjoyed some lunch, watched a couple episodes of True Blood, which I can't say that I am loving lately, and then fixed a dinner of fresh Alaska salmon and salad.

It was such a great summer weekend and just what I needed to pick me up out of last week's "funk." However, the rain is back today. Hopefully the sun decides to shine again soon. Sorry for the lack of pictures from this weekend, I didn't take any. I don't know why I am so forgetful on that front all the time. I will definitely need to get better once the bambino makes her appearance!

How was your weekend? What fun summer activities did you partake in?

1 comment:

The Arizona Russums said...

glad you finally got some sun! it was so fun seeing you last week!