Monday, July 11, 2011

New Beverage

A while back I was at the grocery store with my dad and I spotted coconut water. Well, I had never tried it before so I thought it was time I did. Yuck. I did not like it at all. I don't know if it was because I was expecting a distinct coconut flavor and it didn't have it or that it tasted more like rotten fruit than anything I would want to drink.

So, at my last appointment with the midwife, she noticed my low blood pressure. It has always been low but I think this time it was really low. She said it's nothing to worry about and that I may just feel dizzy {which I do sometimes when I stand up to fast} so she said I need more electrolytes. She said coconut water is a good natural form. Oh great, I thought to myself, that tasty stuff. I looked at a couple of stores and they actually have flavored coconut water now. It is delicious! I have tried a lot of the flavors and my favorite so far is pineapple.

It has more potassium than a banana, is high in sodium and calcium. Just what this girl needs.
O.N.E. Coconut Water Splash Products
Source
This is the brand that I have been favoring and loving because of the flavor choices. I actually drank one after my walk today and it really did this trick of boosting me up. Go ahead and give it a try!

What is your favorite re-hydrating drink? Have you tried coconut water and what do you think?

These are all my own opinions and I was in no way compensated for this post. Came across the product all on my own and thought I'd share my experience!


No comments: