Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kind of Strange...

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." - Ecclesiastes 7:14

I just came across this Bible verse on a friend's daily Bible verse application and it struck me because it directly applies to what I blogged about yesterday! We must take one day at a time and God only gives us just as much as we handle. It is sometimes hard for me to remember that as I tend to get overwhelmed.

I also don't always agree with the phrase or thought, "There are some people that have it way harder than you." Obviously my heart goes out to people who have tougher times than me, but that isn't my life. I deal with my issues and yes they may not be as difficult as others but they are hardships to me at the time. I can't always focus on problems that are so far from me, I have to sometimes just look at what is right in front of me. Call me selfish, say I don't care about others--I don't see it that way.

I am being patient and not trying to discover my future.

No comments: