Monday, January 18, 2010

Life's Ups and Downs

It's interesting where my life has gone in the past few years. I have always been such a planner. What I am doing in the next hour, the next day, week, month, etc. However, in my last year of college I learned that making a plan is not always possible. What is also very amusing is that my husband is a planner. We both try to knock that out of each other and try to be more laid back and spontaneous which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Is where I am now where I thought I would be a year ago? The answer is NO! A year ago, I was managing a restaurant and planning a wedding, not seeing my husband (then fiance) more than a few hours a week due to our opposite work schedules. Since then, I have quit my managing job, gotten married and changed my whole course of action toward a career choice. Does it scare me? Does it frustrate me? Am I excited? Yes, yes and yes!

As much as I am a planner, I am always excited to see the way life actually plays out for me. I am learning that it isn't always going to be easy, the way I planned or necessarily the most fun, but I am learning that there is most always a lesson involved. My somewhat of emotional breakdowns over the past year have become some of the most communicational for my husband and I. I tend to put on a happy face even when I am not but it all comes out in the end whether it be because I am ready to talk about it or because he left one too many dirty dishes in the sink! :)

As always, I am excited for what life hands us in the next couple of years, new jobs, kids, a big move, etc. but I am so lucky and happy to do it with my best friend and love.

Happy Monday!

No comments: