Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Music to my Ears

Wow. I have heard friends talk about hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time but there is nothing like the actual experience.

I had my 12 week appointment today and the Hub had to miss it due to travelling for work so my parents came. We did all the routine stuff and then we got to listen. To the musical sound that is our baby's heartbeat. We even got to call Hub and he heard it over speaker phone. Loved it.

I will update more on the ins and outs of what has been going on and how we are using a mid-wife at a birth center instead of going to the hospital but I just wanted to jot down and remember how I felt on this day.

Elated.

1 comment:

kaitlyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS.

people will also tell you how amazing it is to be a mother.

but it is SO MUCH BETTER then anyone can describe and you can ever imagine.

welcome to the journey!