Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Recount Time

Ok. I think it's time.

Time to blog.

I am ready to recount these past few crazy weeks. Or month. Or more. Whatever it has been.

I might not remember everything but I'm going to try my best. We have celebrated the holidays. We spent Easter at my parents house and had a nice dinner with them. I think I made a baked potato salad.

Over the month of April we had lots and lots and lots of rain. We have watched a lot of movies.

We finished building a chicken coop only to decide that we won't be getting chickens this year. Hub is travelling a lot right now for work and it would have been kind of a big undertaking for me I think. So right now Hub has a coop sitting in his parking spot in the garage. On those rainy and cold mornings he sure wished his car was parked in the garage.

I left my job of almost 7 years. I have another job. It was time to move on. No more working at night for me! Yippee! It is really nice to be on a semi-normal schedule {well, if you call waking up at 4:15 am normal. however, I do LOVE getting off at 12:30 pm.} I love being able to do chores in the afternoon, get a little working out in a have dinner ready for Hub when he gets home. I can be a little housewife and work! I can do it all! {cough, cough, sarcasm}

We went to a wedding a couple hours away from us for a sister of one of our closest friends who is serving in the Army and even though it was just a short time that we saw him, it sure was great to see him. He is being deployed in June to Afganistan.

We celebrated Mother's Day at my grandma's house where my mom and aunt brought dinner. My cousin and her son, my parents and brother, my aunt and uncle and grandma and grandpa were in attendance. It was a nice quiet day. We were able to talk to our Texas family briefly because they were in North Carolina celebrating my brother-in-law's graduation from Appalachian State University.

As I said, Hub is travelling for work as well as in the midst, taking a road trip from Denver back to Seattle to being our Army friend home so he can store his pickup while he is overseas. The Hub will go back to work then he will come home and we will travel to the East Coast to meet up with our Texas family to see Pennsylvania and New York. I have never been to the East Coast so I am very excited about this trip. Hub will then have another week of travel for work and then our summer will commence. We have a lot of plans with the house and different projects that I am hoping to post on the ol' blog.

One major piece of news is that on March 27th we found out that we will be parents. We are expecting a baby in the first week of December and couldn't be more excited. A lot of our home projects will revolve around that. Rearranging, painting and organizing. We have had one ultrasound at 8 weeks along and everything looked great. I have a 12 week appointment next week with our midwife at our birthing center. Hub will have to miss it but my parents are coming with me.

So, there it is. I have felt a little funky due to the pregnancy hormones so I feel that may have contributed to my lack of creativity or urge to blog. I hope to come back here soon. I am feeling more motivated lately with everything so hopefully I am on that upward spiral. This beautiful weather we have had the past couple of days can't hurt either. Do you hear that Mr. Sunshine? Stay here, please!

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Randi Olson said...

YAY!! finally! :)

Bellingham had beautiful sunny weather too! I was outside enjoying the sunshine all afternoon at the D2 prelims track meet!

My name is Stef said...

Yay!!! Thanks for the recap! I've been thinking about you lately... hope you're feelin good!

Shannon said...

A baby?! Such exciting news! Congrats my dear :)