Friday, June 24, 2011

What's Growing on Around Here

The past couple of years I have been pretty into our yard and garden and such. This year, I don't know if it's the weather around here or the pregnancy or what, but I haven't been quite as crazy about the yard as before. We do have pots in our backyard that I wanted to fill and we did put some veggie seeds in. Around these parts though, Mr. Sunshine hasn't been quite as cooperative as he has probably been in other parts. However, here are my attempts for this year.
I think once these pots fill in bit more they will be really pretty.

Grow, beans, grow!

Squash, lettuce and tomatoes. The blank area is just where seeds decided not to come up. Awesome.

Carrots, green onions and cucumber. Again, with the not growing thing.

Hanging baskets out front. Again, I think once these start filling in a trailing over the edges, they will be pretty.

I also made some hummingbird food the other day {4 cups of water to 1 cup of sugar. This is what my grandma uses and she has so many hummingbirds that she goes through two feeders a day!} and saw my first hummingbird of the season the other night! They are such amazing birds I just love watching them. The only problem I have with the feeder is that it hangs outside of our dining room window and we aren't in there very often. I want to see about moving it maybe to our family room window so I can see it more. Or maybe just add another one in the back.

What are you growing these days? Feeding any birds around your yard? Any weather related issues with your garden?

No comments: