Thursday, May 24, 2012

Small Pieces of Fabric can Talk Big...

I love summer. There is no doubt about it. I would love to live in an area where we had more of it but that is not reality right now. We definitely like to make the best of what summer we do have around here by grilling, going down to the lake, going on walks, camping here and there and whatever other summer activities we may dream up. I'm sure this summer we will probably even take a couple trips to the zoo. Even though E may be a little young to understand it, she will obviously like to get out and take in all the sights!

One thing I am a little nervous about for summer is ... a post-baby-body bathing suit. 


Let's face it. I haven't actually bought a real bathing suit in quite a few years. I was the same size for quite some time and since we don't get too long of a summer stretch, my suits don't get too worn out. A couple years ago when I had a wild hair to do a sprint triathlon I bought a couple pieces that I would wear during the swim portion. Basically a sports bra and some little Nike bootie shorts. Cute as they are, I'm not quite in the shape I was then.

So, thoughts of one pieces have commenced.

They are not the oober-mommy-looking suits they once were. There are some downright stylish, cute ones. I don't know why I am so obsessed with the idea of a swimsuit. I don't always wear one. But I think I would if I had a cute one that I felt good in. I got the Nordstrom book last week and of course I found cute ones in there. But, I'd be really off the deep end even more than I already am to think that I could drop that sort of coin on a small piece of fabric!

MICHAEL Michael Kors 'Shipmate' Zip Detail One Piece Swimsuit
Source
I love the bunching in the middle to hide the lil' pooch I still sport. I also love the navy and white--clean and classy.
Lucky Brand Swimwear Tankini & Bikini Bottoms
Source
So yes, technically a two-piece but covering up what I want to cover up. I know the tie-dye is a little crazy, but I do love that it's different and I am always a sucker for purple.
Tommy Bahama 'Fiori di Mare' One Piece Bandeau Swimsuit
Source
Very cute print here and again, I love the bunching in the middle.

I am obviously seeing a little pattern here in all the styles I like. These suits, in regular me fashion, are all well out of my price-range. However, I feel like this may be a good jumping off point to seek out the styles I like in a little more wallet-friendly atmosphere. 

We are going on a vacation with friends in early September and even though that is still a ways away, I think it will be fun to have a cute suit that I am not embarrassed to put on!

2 comments:

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

These are gorgeous! A friend of mine literally just asked me if I can recommend any one-pieces! Now I can! Thanks for your help! Have a great long weekend! x

Katie said...

I like them all! I think the first one is my favorite though :) I'm really nervous about this summer and bathing suits too! Ugh. I don't think I'm going to be brave enough until next year.