Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe

For the 3rd of July my family always goes to my grandmother's house who lives on a lake where they put their fireworks show on a day early. I was only going to make a potato salad and some beans, but then I came across this yummy cupcake recipe so I thought I would try it!


Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcakes
makes 24
active: 40 min Total: 1 1/2 hr

Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 large eggs
Peanut Butter Filling
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 to 4 Tbsp milk
Chocolate Frosting
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup reduced fat sour cream (I substituted marscapone cheese)

1. Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners
2. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until well mixed. In small bowl, whisk milk and sour cream until well blended.
3. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer until creamed. Beat in peanut butter until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
4. With mixer on low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture until just blended.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Filling: Beat peanut butter and butter in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and 3 to 4 Tbsp milk until well blended. Beat mixture on high speed 1 minute or until fluffy.
7. Spoon filling into pastry bag fitted with 1/4-in. round tip. Insert tip into the top of each cupcake; squeeze as much filling into the center of each as possible (top of cupcake will bulge slightly).
8. Frosting: Melt chocolate chips in large glass bowl in microwave as package directs. Add sour cream; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and good spreading consistency. Spread about 2 Tbsp frosting on each cupcake.

I hope you enjoy these delicious treats; I know I sure did!

**Happy Birthday to my amazing friend and mother! I can only hope to be the mother my kids that you are to me! I love you, Mom!**

No comments: