Monday, July 12, 2010

Trying to keep up!

Ok--I am still trying to get the hang of this whole blog-thing. I really want to stick to it, but I keep forgetting!

Two weekend ago (4th of July weekend), we had a great weekend! Ben had a long weekend from work (5 days!) and we got to run together, enjoy breakfast together, have dinner with friends, see family and enjoy a little bit of sunny weather and spend a nice (well not nice in terms of weather) July 4th at home with my brother and his girlfriend.

Some pics of the weekend...

Nothing I love more about summer than FRESH, YUMMY fruit!
Breakfast one morning:


We got to head down to the city before we were meeting up with our friends and be "touristy," even though Ben was making fun of me for taking pics:



A beautiful view from the top of a water tower at a park in the city:


This weekend was, in my opinion, even better. We spent the whole weekend at home and it was absolutely wonderful. We had an impromptu BBQ on Friday which happened to produce a perfect-sized turnout with some great friends and great food!

Saturday, we got to head to the library, the hard wear store and grocery store, all of which were just quick stops so we could get home and enjoy the beautiful weather! We headed down to the lake with the pup and swam with her and threw the ball and basked in the sun! This was my favorite part of the weekend: Lounging in our lounge chairs, reading library books, chatting here and there and being completely content in our great backyard. We then BBQed stuffed hamburgers (stuffed with onions, mushrooms and Gouda cheese) and watched a movie.

Sunday was great as we meandered around the house in the morning, watched the World Cup final and I bid Ben his farewell for a few days away on business.

We had a picturesque weekend and I could not ask for a more fulfilling time with my best friend and husband. I am so fortunate.

No comments: