Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Loving Summer...

Weekend Recap:

Friday night, I worked and a nice gift to come home to was the husband being back from a work trip! YAY!
Saturday, we had a leisurely morning, enjoyed coffee, visited and then headed down to the Bite of Seattle. I have lived in Washington my whole life and had never been so it was fun to experience together! We tasted fried macaroni and cheese (definitely want to attempt our own), Russian dumplings, Bubble tea, Beef Curry, and a chocolate banana crepe. All was very delicious! We probably could have kept going but wanted to save some room for a BBQ later at the casa with friends! Friends came over, we played washers, took the dogs swimming and enjoyed some yummy food. I attempted to recreate a salad we had tasted at The Bite:
Cucumber Salad (my version):
2 large cucumbers
1/2 large red onion
1 green pepper (I wish it had been red but I had green)
salt, pepper, rice wine vinegar, vegetable oil, chili flakes, dash of cayenne, and siracha sauce (all poured in or dashed or sprinkled to taste....go with what your taste buds tell you!)

Sunday morning I had to work so husband got a day at home and then my highlight of the weekend:

BBQ with the two of us at home on the patio. I came home, showered and we each took our books outside and read (and dozed off) for a bit, then fired up the BBQ and had chicken, garden fresh lettuce (from OUR garden) salad and leftover cucumber salad. The kicker was Ben's idea to take the skin off the chicken and BBQ it separately so the chicken would get nice grill marks too, and then we crumbled up the skin and sprinkled it on the salad similar to bacon bits....DELICIOUS! We also shared bottle of Malbec and were nice and relaxed to watch our first episode of True Blood.

We have heard so many great things about this show, so we are trying to get into it! Stay tuned for some opinions!

No comments: