Sunday, October 24, 2010

Can't Get Enough of Fall!

I swear everywhere I turn lately there are just more ideas to add to my decorating, ideas, crafting, etc. that involve fall. However, the bank account doesn't really always allow for me to engage in all the projects and decor that I would love so I do have willpower...most of the time. I thought I would share a project that I gathered bits an pieces from different places and came up with some really cute gold pumpkins! Some places I read to spray paint the pumpkins white and draw on them with black. Other places said spray them black and draw on them with chalk. Well, on Real Simple they mentioned using gold spray paint. For some reason, I love gold. I don't love gold jewelry (for my primary pieces, aka, my wedding band and engagement ring) however with decor and with the color-ish scheme of our casa, I love it! It is so warm and inviting and can add just the right accent in certain situations. And what a better season to incorporate gold than fall!? So here is my spray paint project:
Before 
After
These pumpkins were so quick, easy and inexpensive. Sometimes, I just need a project that is quick and provide instant gratification and this was just that and kept right with the season; I loved it! I think I will even set out after the season this year to find some discount fake pumpkins to spray for next year so I can keep then forever.
Pumpkins on display complete with a bottle of Vampire wine
Here is some other fall decor around our house. No, I did not paint the wall for the season, it is orange all year 'round. 

Halloween decor on the mantel
Sunflowers from my mom grouped with some
 adorable baby pumpkins on the TV stand


Classic dining room table gourd display

Living room coffee table display
And to end on, an engagement picture of us taken in October 2008. I loved our engagement pictures and I think that was in huge part to the time of year it was. The leaves were just beautiful, I loved our "fall attire" and  we got some really great shots. So, on that note, Happy Fall to all!

Monte Vitale Photography
What are your Fall decor ideas? What are your favorite fall colors and accents? Do you have a special memory that occurred during fall?



No comments: