Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quick and Simple with a Little Spice

I have been wanting to try to make Tortilla Soup for some time now and I just always, plain forget about it! I love soup. I could eat bowl upon bowl. Hub loves certain soups. I think he will like Tortilla soup. I was browsing over on my friend's blog and oogling in awe over how she meal plans so strictly! It is really very impressive. If you would like a peek hop on over to the ::the little pieces of our lives::. Back to Tortilla Soup. Mrs. T had it on her meal plan for the week. Oh, that's right, I thought to myself, I need to make that. So, I took some ideas from Mrs. T's quick recipe and some ideas from this recipe over at one of my "go-to" websites, Allrecipes.com. I followed this recipe pretty closely and also added:
2 Fresh jalapeƱos
1 can of black beans, drained
1/2 bag frozen corn
and came up with this bowl of goodness:
I also transferred the soup from the pot on the stove into the slow cooker so the scent wafts through the house all day and is warm for dinner. I garnished with a dollop of sour cream, chopped green onions, fresh cilantro and a lime. It would also be delish garnished with some queso fresco or shredded cheese, avocados and fresh tomatoes.
**Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad! Thank you for always being there, always loving AND giving me my love for food!**

No comments: