Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fun with Mod Podge

I love Mod Podge. Seriously. It is pretty much one of the greatest inventions ever. It makes me feel super creative yet it doesn't make me feel challenged to the point of wanting to quit the project and never come back. Like my sewing machine does sometimes. My mom and I have something in the works {more information on this to come later} so I have been working on some projects for it. 

I really love old music books and music sheets. They are whimsical, vintage and can be dressed up or dressed down. I had some canvases from a previous failed project that I pulled out and Mod Podged with some music sheets and some pretty cliche sayings. But I think they are cute and fun!

Materials:
Mod Podge, sponge, paint brush, punch out letters {I know, taking the easy way out. No stenciling or free-handing for this girl!}, old music sheets, canvases

Cut the music sheets to fit the canvas. I leave the edges to be painted the color of my choice. For these I did black. 

Spread Mod Podge all over the canvas. I find this is easiest with the sponge. Spread Mod Podge on whatever side you decide is the "back" of the music sheet. Adhere to the canvas making sure it is lined up properly with all the corners. 

I wasn't too careful with making sure there was no rippling or bubbling from the Mod Podge because I think it adds to the "vintage" look. 

Allow this to dry. Adhere letters or words of your choice with whatever letters you are using. I just used these punch-outs because I got them on sale at Tuesday Morning. {Weirdest store ever, by the way. Have you ever been in one?!

Apply one final layer of Mod Podge over the whole piece, front and sides included. Enjoy your masterpiece!



1 comment:

Jenny Eisen said...

I love mod podge! It is the best craft tool ever!

I do some crafts too. Follow my blog....
http://jennyeisen.blogspot.com