Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Year Ago, Today...

Wow. What I was doing one year ago on this day was pretty different than what I am doing now. Now, I am sitting on my couch, sipping my coffee, relaxing, looking at the clouds and getting ready for a day of work.
One year ago: I awoke, 15 mins. later than I was supposed to, raced to the shower, ran out of the bathroom to my friends honking the horn yelling, "You're getting MARRIED today!" (I know this sounds like a scene from a movie, but it was real!) I quickly gave my dad a teary kiss and ran out the door. Also, there were no clouds on this day, just sweltering, Washington-record-breaking heat! What a wave of emotions I experienced on our wedding day. Getting my makeup done, arriving at the beautiful wedding site and witnessing all the work my mom and her friends had put in. Getting ready with my bridesmaids and close friends, everything was such a whirlwind and SO fun and special. Thinking about seeing Ben for the first time that day in front of our close family and friends. It was such a long day, and to be honest, I don't remember every part of it (thank you, Mom for convincing me that we needed a video) however, I do remember saying, "I do." (And all the vows, too.)
That is the beauty of my marriage to my best friend. We remember the important things and what to cherish about each other. There have been some challenges over the last year including work, how to spend our money (I like to spend more, he likes to spend less, lol) and even the simple fact that he doesn't like all my girly shows like I have always thought! Can you believe it?! In all seriousness, being married to Ben has been the most rewarding experience of my life and I can't wait for many more years to come.
I love you more each day, my husband and will continue to as our life goes on.

No comments: