Friday, November 18, 2011

37 & 38 Weeks

We turned full term last week! Yay! It is really crazy to be this far along. This whole pregnancy I have thought she would arrive late, but now that we are so close to the due date, I can't get it out of my head that in reality she could come at anytime.

These past couple weeks have been really fun. We had a shower a couple of weeks ago, so we had goodies to wash, put away, and put together from that. We have been picking up odds and ends to make ourselves feel "ready," and we even packed the little girl's bag to take with us when the time comes. We are still both a little indifferent on packing our bags because it seems pretty straight forward and may even be a good activity for me when I am in early labor. We will see. Now that I have all this free time on my hands, I wouldn't be surprised if the pile for my bag started to grow.

BabyCenter tells us that she could be around 6 1/3 pounds and measures around 19 inches. Last week at our appointment, the midwife estimated about five pounds. We have an appointment tomorrow so we will again get to see what they think.

I have been getting more frequent Braxton Hicks--none painful. Overall I feel good bodywise, nothing too sore or achy. I get tired pretty quick and my heartburn is still in full force even though I think she is a little bit lower.

Eating is a little better now that I am home more and can stay on top of not getting too hungry. I can usually figure out something that sounds good. Frozen spinach always sounds good! The midwife isn't worried about my eating though or the fact that I still get sick sometimes because I am definitely gaining a healthy amount of weight.

It is so crazy how strongly I can feel her hiccups now and I love when she stretches and I can feel her on both sides of my stomach. As of last week they still think she is head down.

We finished our last birth class last night. We finished a little early since we were the only couple and each class went pretty quickly. It was nice to have the one on one time with the instructor and be able to ask whatever, whenever we wanted.

I am a little sad not to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year as I have the past two years, however, I'm pretty sure my 9 1/2 month pregnant body would be a little tired. It will be nice to just relax that day and enjoy Ben's 4 day weekend.

And a bare belly pic for ya!


2 comments:

Holly said...

You are all belly!! :) I've been walking to get things movin'... Hopefully it works out. Happy to hear you're still feeling good. :)

My name is Stef said...

You look AMAZING!!