Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And the Festivities Continue...

I said to Hub the other day that the day after Christmas is like the day after coming back from the honeymoon...kind of blue. There is so much build up, so much hype and preparation and then just like that, it's over! This year though, we don't really have to feel that way because we are having another Christmas with my family on New Year's Day! Pretty lucky, I would say.

Christmas in Texas was wonderful. We ate, we relaxed, we decorated the tree, we played games, listened to music, made gingerbread houses, gave and received, but best of all, just spent a lot of quality time together. I was slightly chilly on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so I didn't feel too strange with 70+ degree weather like I had thought. Here are some highlights from the trip:
Tree adorned with many old, family ornaments {I even escaped with a few!}

Brother-in-law and I in our poker attire

Parents-in-law ready for a party

Hub 'n I ready for the party

so proud of our creations

Eager to open some gifts!

In our jammies by the tree

Enjoying the Shutterfly book we had made

The Alamo

Blurry, but I still like it!
A fun time was had and it's always hard to say goodbye. Looking forward to this week to continue the festivities with my family! Hope you all have been enjoying your season as much as I have!

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

I totally have post-holiday let down!!!