Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cleaning Frenzy

The way I clean my house is, I suppose, my "own way." I like to do certain things on certain days of the week {i.e. laundry on Mondays, sweep every other day thanks to the dog, etc.} and some stuff every other week {washing sheets, cleaning toilets} and I suppose I have certain cleaning supplies I love to use. Cleaning your house is a funny thing because I think everyone has their own way, their own frequency and their own supplies. The only reason I decided to talk about this today is because I am procrastinating getting ready to clean and I am a little behind on my normal "routine." Some ladies like to wear rubber gloves for chores such as washing dishes, cleaning toilets and using abrasive cleaners. I never wear gloves. I don't know why, maybe because my mom didn't? Some folks these days are going "au naturel" with their cleaning products and using such cleansers as:
Household Cleaners
Image
Don't get me wrong, I do love Mrs. Meyer's goods, however, I think I love it more for the scent than the actual "getting the job done" part of the product. Some cleanin' fools even fancy making their own cleaners. Do you have this in your fridge: 
Image
If so, there are a myriad of concoctions you can make to beat the grime in your home. If you are interested, just click on the link above and they give you some starter ideas for all-purpose baking powder. Maybe it is the fact that I do not have kids yet. I have been told time and again that you become more aware of many things in life such as what food goes in your child's mouth to what cleaning products you are using around the house so as not to harm the youngins'. I am admitting that I am a Clorox girl through and through. It gets the job done, it smells chemically clean to me and lets me know I put in a hard scrubbin'. Maybe that's why I sometimes spray some Mrs. Meyers over the top to get the lavender smell also. So this is my new go-to cleaning product that I have been using for just about everything these days:
Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner with Bleach
Image
You just spray it on, leave it for a minute or so, and everything usually just wipes right off! The fact that this happens so quickly and easily obviously leads me to believe it is probably a pretty harsh concoction, but hey, it gets the grime off my window tracks that were so built-up I didn't want to have any guests over for fear that they would check out the tracks and go running out the door! Also, a really quick toilet bowl cleaner is this:
Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner — with Bleach
Image
You just squirt it in all around the top of the bowl, leave for 30 seconds, come back, flush and voila a sparkly, white bowl! 

I really don't know what took me off on this rant about cleaning, but I love cleaning, I get on a roll and I like to have the right products. It came up in conversation at work once with a lady that I use Comet sometimes and she looked at me with a horrified look on her face and said, "Oh! No you don't!" And I tell ya what, oh, yes I do! Maybe someday these beliefs in harsh chemicals of mine will change, but, not today! Off, to go flush down the toilet bowl cleanser!

What are your favorite cleaning products? Do you use natural? How do spread out your chores? Are you a rubber glove-wearer?




1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Oh gosh, if there isn't a thick haze of lemon scented chemicals in my house, it just doesn't feel clean! Pledge, Comet, Clorox. I love 'em all!