Sunday, November 28, 2010

Loving The Long Weekend

Well, what a wonderful weekend we have had. Actually, my weekend started on Wednesday which was an extra added bonus! A quick recap of Thanksgiving--success. Everything turned out wonderfully, the food was delicious and family-time was great.
Ready to go in the oven


The appetizer table {with a beautiful, snowy background!}

The table all set

Hub enjoying some Thanksgiving football games

Let the feast begin!

Yum!
In poor blogger fashion, I did not get a picture of each individual dish. I really wanted a picture of the green bean casserole and the creamed leeks. The creamed leeks were a huge hit, I would highly recommend them and I will be making them again! My great-grandma made a walnut pie that was exactly like pecan just made with walnuts and it really does give it a different flavor and is delicious!

Let me tell you, Thursday night was an early night for me after being up early and in the kitchen all day! My husband is such a great help and we work so well together as a team on these days! Thanks, honey!

We decided Friday not to get up early and head to the stores because we weren't really looking for anything in particular. We had a lazy morning and then before I knew it, Hub was bringing in the Christmas decor and we transformed the casa into Christmas season! He even made sure we had Christmas music playing. We then got some online Christmas shopping done and then headed to the little town where my mom has a home decor store and walked around for a bit to see the lights and Christmas decorations. We picked up a few White Elephant gifts for some get-togethers we have coming up and then headed to a friend's house for some games.

Saturday, we got a another slow start in the morning after talking to the Texas Riemers and then headed to Lowe's to check out their After-Thanksgiving sales. We actually refrained from spending any money, got some ideas {as we always do there}, some hints for some future DIY projects and then headed to the grocery store and home. {I know, you're probably wondering what in the world we could have needed at the grocery store with a fridge full of leftovers. Barley. For my turkey soup!} Another game night, another lazy morning and this weekend has shaped up to be restful and recharging for our upcoming busy weekends! Hope you all got to do the same! What were your successful recipes? What was your favorite moment of the weekend?

No comments: