Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Recap

Nothing too exciting happened this weekend, but I have to say, it was a great weekend. I started off my Friday with a good ol' grocery shoppin' trip with my parents to a store I have never been to which boasts amazing savings and prices. They aren't kidding. My favorite area was the bulk items. Flour, sugar, baking soda, blueberry muffin mix, 10 grain pancake mix, all for well-under $1.00/lb. !!! Also, dog treats in bulk. Yes, Holly was happy with the pig's ears and the huge rawhide bone she doesn't even know about is sure to please her as well. Anyway, back to the shopping--I could wander around that store for hours! I did pick up a few things for Thanksgiving but will be doing my bigger trips this week and next to fully prepare for my 2nd Thanksgiving in our casa.

Friday afternoon I got to visit with my friend and we also ventured to beauty supply store which I had never been in. Yet another store I could have spent some good time in, however she had an appointment--probably best for my wallet. Friday night we had some friends over for some homemade pizza and a low-key evening.

Saturday, we actually got some stuff moved out of our spare bedrooms which was such a relief! We had stored up a broken TV, an old computer and a treadmill. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a treadmill, however, it doesn't really belong right, smack-dab in the middle of a spare bedroom where we are expecting to host company in a few weeks. {now today I need to just get into those rooms and straighten up a bit.} After all this loading and unloading was done {thanks to help from my brother} we hurried home to make an appetizer for the get-together we were headed to, showered, dressed, grabbed a snack and were off. We first went to a birthday party of one of Hub's co-workers at a trampoline place. I know this sounds a little weird, but there are trampolines everywhere and this was a private party so it was trampoline dodgeball. I wasn't able to participate thanks to my recent back issues, however it looked like everyone had a great time! Onto the next activity: dinner and charades at a friend's condo in the city. This is the group we went on vacation with to San Diego and it was only at the end of the trip that we discovered how much fun we have playing charades! We visited, ate some food, played the game and had a great time. This couple has also just recently announced they are having a baby so they had some adorable baby clothes out for us to peek at!

Sunday morning we got going pretty leisurely, watched football, I made a big pot of spaghetti and a dessert {I will post the recipe}, caught up on some more Dexter, relaxed, napped, laundry, read--it turned out to be a great Sunday at home. Hope you all had fantastic weekends as well and are resting up for the busy weeks ahead!

No comments: