Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gettin' Creative with Turkey Day Decor

On top of perusing the Thanksgiving day recipes {and I've always wondered why there are certain recipes I only make on Thanksgiving...} I also love looking at different decor ideas. I posted some of my fall decor here but as with everyone, I'm sure, I am always looking for new ideas! I adore a beautifully set table and this one is right up my alley with traditional fall colors and the oh, so adorable gourds that I just can never seem to get away from! What says fall more than a bunch of gourds?! Very simple yet tasteful, however, I can usually do without gold flatware.
Gilded china setting
Image
I really love this personal touch that can be added to a gathering as a favor. This adorable tree stands for being thankful with personalized messages for your guests telling them why you are thankful for them. Talk about reminding us of the true meaning of the holiday! Better Homes and Gardens sure always knows how to get my creative juices flowing!
Tree of Thanks
Image
This project looks like it's right up my alley with the level of difficulty. Quick, easy and super attractive! How quaint are these mum-covered pumpkins?!
Centerpiece of pumpkins covered with mums
Image
If you are going for a semi-rustic look, take a look at this mum-covered pumpkin:
Decorative orange plant in white vase
Image
One small touch I definitely want to try this year is making more attractive place-settings. I feel like napkins are always a good place to start. How cute and simple is this personalized setting:
two-for-one punch
Image
Whether you go all out on decorating or just have cute little touches here and there, it is always fun to try new things, but most of all, fun to be surrounded by loving friends and family, thankful for food and a warm home to relax in. What are some of your decorating tips for fall, your place settings or centerpieces?

No comments: