Thursday, August 4, 2011

22 Weeks

Well at a little over halfway it sure feels like the weeks are starting to fly by. I am feeling pretty good this week and feeling movements more and more. We were actually watching my belly receive some little jabs the other day. Baby Center says that she is about eleven inches long and almost a pound. She is also looking more and more like a newborn as opposed to an alien, I am assuming.

Our carpet in the bedrooms got installed on Monday so that is exciting. Also, our pack and play came that same day and when Hub shut the door to the room for the night he admitted to feeling a little nervous due to some baby paraphernalia actually being in her room and it starting to morph into a "baby room" as opposed to a spare bedroom.

I have still just been wearing my regular clothes, of the looser and stretchy variety, but getting more comments and questions as to whether I am pregnant. I have yet to say no and make someone feel bad. I did get a knock off Bella Band at Target because I was getting a little tired of wearing stretch pants and gaucho pants everyday. Hub said he wants one so he can leave his pants unbuttoned also. Sorry, Hub, only for the pregnant lady!

I am still loving spicy food. I finally got some Zantac for my heartburn which was okayed by the midwife and it is working wonders! Love, love, love! I still have a hard time figuring out what to eat while I'm at work because it generally has to be cold food. I am a little tired of yogurt, cereal, fruit, etc.

We are headed a few hours east this weekend to spend some time at a friend's family cabin on a lake. I can't wait to relax and float around in the water and be in some warm weather. I also can't wait to see our friend who is also pregnant and due at the beginning of September. So fun having pregnant friends!

Holy moly. Please disregard this ridiculous fake smile, or whatever the look on my face is. My husband forced me into this picture on my way from having fallen asleep on the couch to bed. Awesome. But, in keeping with full disclosure here, I don't want to miss a week of the growing bump.

No comments: