Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Babies Galore!

When I found out I was pregnant I think I knew about 12-15 others who were as well. 2 of these include my two best friends. This past weekend, we threw a shower for my friend who is due in October. She is having a boy and although we didn't really have a theme, we tried to keep in boy colors and I made her a banner in the colors of the crib bedding.

I wanted to try my hand at a diaper cake so I enlisted my other pregnant BFF and we dove in headfirst. It was actually really simple. We looked at a couple tutorials online and here is what we came up with:
We were pretty proud of our creation and the ribbon really made the whole presentation. Even though she is having a boy, I thought the green flowers added a really pretty feminine touch. You know, since our friend is female.

I got the idea for my banner from the "One" banner shown in this post and sort of recreated it with my own vision. I gathered my materials: scrapbook paper, a paper cutter, rick rack, newspaper, pinking shears, hot glue and darling mini, mini clothes pins:
I cut the scrapbook paper into triangles/pennant shapes. And cut the newspaper into circles and then cut around the border with the pinking shears for a scalloped edge.

I then glued the rick rack to the fronts of all the pennants. I thought it was cute in the front but you could glue it to the back if you like that look better. Then I stenciled my letters to each newspaper circle. They haven't 100% decided on their name yet so I just used their last name. I then pinned all the letters to the pennants. Easy peasy!

I tried to keep in tune with the bedding colors and she is also using giraffes in the theme so I made sure to use giraffe print. I thought it turned out pretty cute and if she decides to put it up in the room, she can easily switch out the letters to spell his whole name.

Here are some more pictures from the fun day:
Very proud of her fruit pizza.

The gifts from great friends.

The guest of honor in the middle.

Two of four co-hosts. Me and my other pregnant BFF.

Enjoying each gift.

The whole group on what turned out to be a beautiful day.

Now, I just can't wait to meet little, baby boy Mack! So happy for this family!




No comments: