Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary to My Best Friend

Two years ago we were surrounded by family and friends and said, "I do." Two years ago we couldn't have predicted where we would be today. These two years have flown by and we are blessed to be expecting our first child this year. There is no one I would rather be on this journey with and that is why we chose each other. I know that this next year will most likely be the most challenging with a new baby, new roles, new responsibilities and making the transition from "just the two of us" to a family of three. I know we are more than ready for this year and can't wait to look back on next year's anniversary to praise our accomplishments.


A marriage to me is about building communication and strengthening it on a daily basis. I love that my husband and I have a life that we love living everyday. Obviously there are better days than others individually and as a couple but those days make us stronger trying to bring happiness to each other. My heart fills with love when my husband comes to mind or when I think of something thoughtful he has recently done or said.

I can't say our life is perfect, because I don't think anyone's is, but we are living our love story one day at a time and I am thankful for that each day.


I love you, Ben, and can't wait to see what this next year of marriage brings. I can only imagine many more days of laughter and happiness.

No comments: