Monday, August 15, 2011

A "Me" Day

Most of you probably won't even think that this constitutes a "me" day but I do. Because I thoroughly enjoyed myself. And I wasn't in a hurry. I didn't feel like I had anything pressing in my agenda. This morning I got up early, made breakfast for myself, then Hub got back from swimming and I made him breakfast. He is working really close to home this week so that is a nice change of pace for both of us. 


I got dinner in the crockpot, which I know sounds a little weird for the summer but I took out a roast last night because it sounded good and I didn't want to worry about dinner this evening so there we have it. I headed out about 8:30am to go see a friend that I used to work with who had a little girl last May and offered for me to come look through some of her baby clothes. It was really nice to catch up with the friend and see her adorable little girl. Very exciting to get a peek into what my life has in store for me!

I headed to the mall when I left her house to return something and then decided I would wander around a little bit, which I never do. If I go to the mall it is because I have a purpose and a specific purchase in mind. So I walked in and out of stores leisurely and then even treated myself to lunch because I was feeling hungry and didn't want to fight that hungry feeling all the way back home. I had a really good burrito and smoothie, went in a few more stores and headed out.

When I got home, I took a 20 minute nap which I really haven't been doing lately and then put in some laundry. I didn't really feel like I had much other house cleaning to do thanks to getting it done over the weekend for a friend's shower I had here yesterday. {Post on that to come.} Instead, I got out my Sunday paper that I just started subscribing to, to begin my couponing adventure. I have started following Coupon Connections which has been really helpful especially because she is located near where we live so it helps with having the same coupons to understand everything better. I sat outside and clipped away and then read a little bit.

I then decided it was time for some exercises and a walk. Now I am eagerly anticipating the early arrival of my husband since he is so close to top of my great day.

I know this probably doesn't sound all that great to anyone else, but it was a nice, relaxing day and I felt like I was in need of one. So that's that!

What do you like to do on a day you have to yourself? Are you one to treat yourself to a little pampering, a lunch or a new outfit? What is your "perfect" alone day?

No comments: