Friday, March 11, 2011

Dreamin'...

...Of a new bed frame.

Right now, we have no bed. Just a mattress and box spring on top of a metal frame. To some that may be unfathomable. To us it's just normal. As I was skimming blogs one day, I came across the bed that Bower Power found and put together. Hub took a look and thinks he can do it. However, until then, these are what I am dreaming of.
SierraBedroomCollectnSC10

I like that it's not a big-take-over-the-bedroom type of frame, but still holds its own. It is modern yet made of wood, which we tend to favor. Also, Hub is pretty tall and likes his feet to hang off the end of the bed. This looks like it would allow that.
ColetteBedQueenAlabstrF10
I don't know what it is about "cushy" looking beds that I love so much. Maybe it's that they look like a couch and that makes it cozy? This bed looks just plain classy to me. Done in a linen fabric with pewter studs on the top? Beautiful. Again with the feet-hanging-off-thing.
Um, hello best of both worlds. Wood with upholstery?! Love. And those matching drawers for extra storage. Wow. This was made for our bedroom, I am sure of it.
Universal Platform, Full, French White
This is a little plain for me, however, I do like how they platform can be paired with any headboard. In fact, the headboard pictured above is quite regal looking.
{Click on any of the above images for their sources}

Just a few pics to show you what I am coveting lately. No big deal. Not like I am headed out to buy a $2500 frame tomorrow. {I kind of lost my breath just typing that amount for a bed frame.} I just like getting ideas for the future. Or ideas to add to Hub's woodworking list. Don't worry, he likes it.

**I will sleep well tonight in my bed, thankful for my home, my bed and my many other blessings. My heart goes out to those in Japan and any here on the West Coast who may be being uprooted right now due to any Tsunami warnings. 

What are you looking for for your home these days? Any big purchases in the near future? How long do you shop before you make that BIG purchase?





No comments: