Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Flatout Pizzas

Welcome for another edition of Tasty Tuesday. Sorry, I missed last week's. I don't know what happened. Fell off the earth for a week. Or so. I don't know.

Over the weekend {more to come on this tomorrow}, we wanted some pizza but we never ended up getting any. Hence, my idea for dinner last night. I spoke about Flatout Flatbread here and how they make delicious wraps. Well I decided {with a little help of their website as well as my friend} that I would make some pizzas.

Flatout Pizzas
Flatout Flatbread
Pesto {I just had a hankering to make some yesterday}
Olive Oil
Fresh Spinach
Ground Turkey, cooked
Tomatoes
Onions
Orange Bell Peppers
Mozzerella
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush both sides of Flatbread with olive oil. Place on a rack and bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and layer toppings however you desire. I put cheese on the top because I like it a little browned. Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on how "done" you like your toppings.

I thought this was a healthy alternative to the usually greasy pizza we get. Hub isn't always as "into" health food kicks as much as me because he thinks everything that is "healthy" tastes bad. Well, he sure didn't think these pizzas tasted bad! Enjoy!



No comments: