Monday, March 21, 2011

Holy Madness!

Image: Goole Images
I admit, I do not watch college basketball all season. I catch a couple of games here and there but not every one. I always wish I had once the tournament rolls around but as Hub pointed out yesterday, it may almost be  beneficial to not watch all season and then to fill out a bracket with no bias or knowing who the "big" names are {cough, cough, Jimmer Fredette} or who is predicted to win or lose or whatever.

I didn't enter any bracket pools this year and Hub only did one for work. However, I did fill one out just to have a little more drive in who I would want to win games. Its especially fun when Hub and I have chosen different teams to win. Puts a little friendly competition between us. I like it. 

For some reason for both of us this past week felt a little long. We felt like being a little lazy. So we planned to watch a lot of basketball, eat some pizza and relax all weekend long. Well, good ol' Pacific Northwest weather had a slightly different plan for us. It was sunny Saturday morning when we woke up. That means we were starting to feel guilty about our lazy plan. So we decided we would get a few things done and then resume our plan in the late afternoon. After working on the chicken coop, cleaning out and washing cars, and even going for a run, we settled in for a night of more college basketball.

It is just such an exciting sporting event to get into. Any team can win at anytime. Hence the outcome of the Butler v. Pittsburgh game. Wow. Or Morehead and Richmond advancing. These kids {yes I know, sad to say that but each year my age moves further and further from being close to the college-kid age} work so hard, are student-athletes, and have so much talent and their dreams of a national championship are either made or broken with each passing game. 

So exciting, gets the adrenaline pumping and is just plain fun to watch. I hope you got to catch some games this weekend!

Do you get into the Madness? Did you fill out a bracket and who are you favoring?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I never watch basketball, but every time I fill out a March Madness bracket I win. My favorite part? See how angry the basketball loyalists get when they find out I chose my teams by uniform color and mascot.

:)