Monday, March 28, 2011

Nice Lil' Weekend


I got off work on Friday and just had this feeling that I needed some seafood. I headed to Costco and picked up some mussels and prawns. Yum! My mom and I had been wanting to peek in this new thrift store I had seen open up so we stopped in there. They had some interesting things, one that I wanted to get but I walked out and just plain forgot to pick it up. I may run over today and see if it's still there.

I headed home to shower and enjoy the sunshine with an open back door and wait for Hub. He got home a little early, we visited, watched some basketball, caught up on our shows, well one in particular, Top Chef. I was sad to see Antonia leave because I had really grown to like her and thought she had a lot of talent. We can't wait to see Mike and Richard duke it out this week.

We then began our cooking of our feast. Well, just prawns and mussels. We steamed the mussels with white wine, lemon, parsley, garlic and onion. They were delish. Hub made a curry dipping sauce of the prawns and the sauteed  them with garlic, butter and some pineapple. They were also delish.
On Saturday we got up leisurely, I made a breakfast sandwich which I just have to share because it was SO good.
Bagel+egg+bacon+colby jack cheese=love.
I then got to cleaning the house because we were expecting company. Hub headed to Lowe's to pick up a few more things for the chicken coop. Our friends showed up and the guys were out in the garage for a bit while we were inside. We found out some great news in that they are expecting their first child in October. Super excited for them!

We headed out to use a LivingSocial deal for the movies and saw:
The-Lincoln-Lawyer-Teaser-Poster-13-12-10-kc.jpg
Image
We all agreed that the movie was okay. It was a good cast and I could see how it had the potential to be a good movie but kind of a let-down. We then headed to dinner at Claim Jumper. Hub and I split the Tri-Tip Dip and it was really good. We headed home, relaxed for a bit and our friends headed home.

Sunday we got up leisurely, talked to the Hub's family in Texas and then went about our day. Hub worked on the chicken coop, I relaxed, made a potato salad and then we checked out the new Super Target in our area. I don't know how impressed I am. The grocery area seems really crowded and definitely like it is just shoved in there. I will see how it goes when I actually need to price compare. We had dinner with my brother and parents and then turned in for an early night. It was a nice, relaxing weekend and the highlight--the chicken coop is almost finished!

Have you seen any good movies lately? What do you and yours like to snack on on Friday nights? What are your opinions on Super Targets?

1 comment:

Randi Olson said...

umm...pictures of the chicken coop??? :)