Monday, February 28, 2011

He Rubbed my Back and Pulled me in Tight...

Sometimes a girl needs a cuddle. A good, long one. And my husband has learned over the past six and a half years that we have been together when those times are. I don't know when he learned or how. But he knows.

He knows when I want a conversation with opinions and feedback. Sometimes I want him to laugh at my stupid jokes or laugh along with me when I am re-telling the woes and ups and downs of my day.

Yesterday, I had a minor breakdown. I was tired from lack of sleep the night before thanks to a helluva good time at girls' night {more on that later}, the hormones came raging, and then I got called in to work. I went in to take a shower and broke down. I came out of the shower and he knew. He didn't say anything until I could utter a few words and I explained what was bothering me.

I was sad that our weekend had been cut a little short. I was mad because I figured I wasn't even really needed at work. My body was tired, my mind was tired, all I wanted was to be cuddled up with him on the couch.

He rubbed my back for awhile and by the time I left the house I felt okay about going to work. I came home and was starving. He had made food. Homemade tortillas to be exact with some delicious pork filler.

Today was a better day. He just makes me feel better.

No comments: