Thursday, February 24, 2011

Can I Get Out of This Cold?!

So as I have mentioned Hub and I are in Washington and his family is in Texas. While his mother constantly supports where we live and knows why we live here and whatnot, I know they would love us to move there. And there are some days, like yesterday and today, that I would just love to live there as well. Especially when she updates the family Facebook with this:

"Today is Tuesday, Feb 24 and it will be 80 today
I just love the warm, snow and ice free south!!!!!
What a great place to live and raise children!!! :-)
Love you"

OK! We get it! It's warm there. And sunny. And NOT icy {most of the time}. And there are palm trees. And the coast is less than 3 hours away. With warm water. Where we do this.

However. It is a winter-wonderland here right now. Yes, it's pretty and peaceful. It is fun to watch the snow fall but then people slide around, get in accidents, make for bad traffic and all of a sudden snow loses all of its magic. It's rather sad. 

I got a text from my best friend today and she said "Let's go somewhere warm for a few days. Just a short girls trip." These were our ideas:

Image {Funny where this image came from: a website for
a wedding planning guide. Hehe.}
Warm. Maybe a cheap flight. Wouldn't spend money there, just wander around and enjoy the "nicer" weather. {Weather: Low-Mid 60s. I like it.}

Image
Arizona. Warm. Maybe a cheap flight. Aunt has a house there. I have never been. {Weather: 60s and 70s. I'll take it.}

Image
California, baby. Sunny. Pretty beach. Cheap flight? Maybe. {I think you're probably beginning to see a trend here with our requirements.} {Weather: mid-high 60s. Yes, please!}

So, basically we want to go somewhere warm. It is cold here. Like 20s and 30s. I know there have been a ton of places to get blasted with winter storms worse than we have. Do I think this trip will happen? No. Why? Because looking at flights today, there are no cheap flights anymore! Too expensive for our liking. Most likely neither of us will get our butts in gear and plan it. Most likely a "girls night" of sorts will happen somewhere around here. Where it is still cold. Warming up with Baileys and hot chocolate is allowed right?

Do you fly south for the winter? What are your favorite "quick" getaways? Do you constantly dream of a vacation that never gets put into action?




No comments: