Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Whatever Wednesday

Just an update on the past couple of days. Over the weekend my mom and I attended

This is a vintage market affiliated with 
Click image to visit the website
This was a really fun girl outing to go with my mom. We saw tons of ideas, inspiration and new ways to use "junk." Hopefully you will be seeing some of those ideas I saw appearing on here pretty soon.

While I was gone for the morning on Saturday, Hub actually got to use his new tools that he got for Christmas and the lumber he bought last weekend. He figured starting with something small was a good idea just to get the feel of the tools and whatnot. On his list include a bed frame, a chicken coop and as of Saturday, a shoe rack. We will keep you updated. Here is what he came up with:

I love it and have been wanting some more inside house plants so we are thinking of attaching some hooks and making it a hanging planter. Can't wait to see what else he comes up with!

On another note. Over our Christmas vacation, Ben was gifted a kayak. Well, obviously it would have been a little difficult to travel home with that as our carry on on the plane so it was more a, "Let us know what you find in the way of kayaks and then let us know." Which, after receiving a text message from my mom alerting us to check Craigslist, is exactly what we did. Yesterday, we became the proud owners of these beauties:

We are SO excited and will be getting quite a bit of use out of these with the {hopefully} upcoming nice weather. After a weekend like we had we can't help but get excited for sun in the spring and summer, however after weather like this evening it is hard to imagine it will ever come.

So those are some of the happenings in the past few days around here. I was really inspired at the market and there may be some interesting things in the works for us. I proclaimed to my mom that I may be interested in taking up "junking." Haven't quite figured out what that means yet but I will be sure to keep you posted. Thank you so much to our TX family for the new toys, we can't wait to use them! And, I will definitely be picking out a couple of house plants this week for our new planter.

What's new around your parts? Any new purchases? What projects are you working on? What is keeping you from getting cabin fever?



No comments: