Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

Happy Valentine's Day!
As I discussed a little bit last year about Valentine's Day, Hub and I are not huge "into" Valentine's Day. However, Hub and I love each other. A lot. And we love to spend time together. So this weekend, we did just that. Friday night we actually got to have our type of "traditional Friday night" together and enjoyed catching up on our DVR, having a couple of drinks, visiting, talking about our weeks and ending with...me falling asleep on the couch and him up for a bit more before we made it to bed. 

Saturday morning we had talked about some projects we wanted to tackle so we woke up fairly early and spent some time in bed reading and sipping some coffee and then were up and at 'em. We talked to our family in Texas, rearranged our family room furniture that has been the same since we moved in two and a half years ago. I know. I'm a little embarrassed to say that, but there had never been any arrangements that I could visualize so it just remained the same. Until this Saturday when Hub's brain starting churning and he came up with a fab arrangement that we both love! I tell you, amazing talents of his revealed to me everyday {wink, wink}. 

We were then off to Lowe's since Hub got some power tools for Christmas that he has been itching to try out {I know, crazy he hasn't used them but he has been very busy at work} and I have a room I want to paint. I am going to reveal some before pictures now because I think it will keep me motivated to actually get it done if I post some embarrassing pictures here. This is our office NOW:

I know, right?! Doesn't it look like what you picture Hub's bedroom to have looked like in college? Well, it is pretty dang close. So, over the next few weeks I am making it my goal to straighten it up, paint and do a little bit of inexpensive re-decorating in there. My "crafting" pile area is getting a little out of hand and could use a place to be tucked away:
So then, we attempted another endeavor:
Yes, I walked into the office and thought I could take a hammer and rip off the trim. Well, that didn't work out too well so Hub came in with the screw driver and we were able to pry some off. I wanted to get some new trim in this room since it was getting a face-lift but then we thought if we did it in this room we would have to do it in the whole house. And if we did it in the whole house it would get pretty spendy. We then decided that it may not be the best use of our funds, so we will put it back on and we will paint it a high-gloss white paint. Hub painted the rest of the house's trim when we first moved in but we have come to the conclusion that we will have to re-paint the trim due to using the wrong type of paint and it is more of a cream than a white and we want it to pop a little more. Ugh. Painting trim is a pain. In the, you know what!

We then headed off to the homebrew store and Lowe's. We came home with a sample of the paint and some stick on numbers to put on the mailbox. Hub wasn't feeling well so we laid low for a little while and then he started a batch of beer while I started another project which I am only posting a couple of pictures from until it is finished. I am not even going to divulge what the end goal is. Gotta keep you folks guessing.

Sunday, Hub and I got up early once again to do some reading and then he had the itch so he headed back to Lowe's to actually purchase some lumber, purchase a gallon of paint {that we loved once I painted some of the sample on the wall} and I headed to the store to pick up a couple of ingredients for the pie I made to take to dinner at my grandma's.

Basically, by posting our weekend recap, I am telling you how we celebrate our love for each other. By being together. And laughing and poking fun at each other. By snuggling and not talking. By pouring out our activities of the week, catching up and listening to one another. By cooking, working on our home and riding in the car together. There is no other Valentine for me and I am so grateful everyday for the man I have to come home to every night.

Stay tuned for the finishing of the aforementioned projects!

Did you do something special for "Valentine's Weekend"? What does your special someone do that makes you feel special? What projects are you working on?




No comments: