Thursday, September 8, 2011

27 Weeks

Wow, seriously feels like I just wrote the post of 26 weeks! Well, I guess I was a little late on that one so I guess that makes sense. Anyhow, almost into my third trimester and it feels like the daily growth of the belly has begun.

Baby Center gave us a little bit of weird information this week. It said if our baby was born right now, her lungs would most likely function with a lot of medical help. Which I guess is just to tell us how developed her lungs are but also how far they have to go to be fully developed. Stay put, little girl! Is all we have to say about that! It also says she is weighing it, on average, at almost two pounds and measures about fourteen and a half inches long when fully extended. Growing so quickly but still so tiny.

I think I have been experiencing a few Braxton Hicks this week. My uterus gets very tight, which feels really weird, but I have no pain at all. Also in the past couple of days I have felt some leg aching. When I stand still for too long, I get an ache down my legs. As long as I move around a little bit, it goes away. I have also been feeling a faint, rhythmic movement which I had a hunch of what it could be and Baby Center confirmed that it is most likely hiccups. So cute!

I don't know why but I have simply no motivation to buy any "maternity" clothes. I am running out of regular clothes that fit me mostly because shirts or tank tops I have are getting too short with the growing bump and obviously any normal waistline pants I have haven't fit for a few weeks now. I walked in Target today and thought I may buy a pair of maternity jeans but I just looked at them and walked away. I think maybe today it is because it is about eighty degrees outside and the thought of wearing jeans is unappealing to me. I will give it a couple more weeks and most likely give in and buy the darn jeans. Heck, it's Washington, it will probably be rainy and cold by next week!

Seems like we are moving right along on nursery progress and I can't wait to post some pictures of some of the updates. I can't decide if I want to post in stages or just one final reveal. Which will obviously be a couple of months. I am trying to save little projects for a month or so from now so that when I start "nesting" I will have some stuff to do. As well as ferociously cleaning the house I guess. Or so I have been told is what happens. I am really excited about the furniture we just put in her room so there may be pictures of that next week.

We are headed out of town today and I am so excited for a few days of rest and relaxation at the beach!

2 comments:

Randi Olson said...

loving the baby bump! :)

Randi Olson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.