Saturday, September 3, 2011

26 Weeks

Twenty six weeks of pregnancy gone by. This week has been a little bit rougher than the previous few. I have been sick a little bit more than I had been. I haven't really figured out a rhyme or reason yet so right now I am just kind of taking it one day at a time. Making the most out of the days I feel good and trying to lay low when I don't feel well.

I really have a sweet tooth lately which is a little out of the norm for me. I usually like sweets but right now it feels like I am craving them. Whether it be ice cream, sweet cantaloupe, a doughnut, chocolate, you name it. Trying not to indulge in all of the cravings.

We are going the cloth diapering route and my mom and dad got us some diapers which came in the mail the other day. They are so cute and I can't wait to wrap her little bum in them! They also got us the diaper sprayer that will connect to the toilet to spray off the you-know-what.

Ben also began painting the dresser/changing table and a side table we will put in the room by the chair. We picked out the color last weekend and were a little nervous at first that it may come out to "neon" looking. When I got home from work yesterday and saw the first coat of paint on the furniture, I was so happy. It looked perfect and I can't wait to get it in the room.

Baby Center tells us that the nerves in her ears are more sensitive these days so she can hear us better. That is good because her dad often talks to my belly. She is also inhaling amniotic fluid which is essential to the development of her lungs. She is also, on average, about a pound and two thirds and measuring about fourteen inches long. That measurement makes sense because I can sometimes feel her on both sides of my belly at the same time. Very entertaining!

I had a weight jump at my last appointment which was nice to hear. Good to know I am on pace. My appetite is still kind of hit or miss. Sometimes I feel like I can eat a lot and other times I have a few bites and am full.

We are looking forward to a weekend getaway next weekend. We are headed out of town with our group of friends and down to the Oregon coast. It may be the last "getaway" before baby comes!


No comments: