Monday, February 20, 2012

Makeover Monday

I think this is the last Monday for this link up so of course I have to join! It is kind of funny to me that I enjoyed this link up so much because I am really not much of a product/make-up/glitzy glam girl but what girl/woman doesn't have a few products or make-up items they can talk about?! Another thing that I find funny about myself is that even though I have never been good at any of the putting my make up on-hair doing-curling-liner penciling-type o stuff, I have always enjoyed watching someone else get ready. My old roommate is really great at make up application and gettin' her hair all did and I would just sit in the bathroom and watch. Love it. My BFF is the same. Has always enjoyed the "gettin' ready" part of the day and I like to watch her too.

Anyhow, back to Makeover Monday.

Eyes today.

Source
I was introduced to this eye shadow primer a few years ago. I think it really does help my shadow stay in place and another thing I love about it is if I am in a hurry and just need to brighten up my eye-area a little bit, I just rub some of this on and call it good.

Source
Yes, I am a sucker for Mac Cosmetics' eye shadow. They have so many fun colors and I find that they stay in place the best of any I have ever used. However, they do cost a pretty penny {to  me} so I haven't indulged in awhile. I like to make 'em last so I use them sparingly.

Almay Intense i-Color Eye Shadow Play Up Trio 1 set
Source
Almay Intense i-Color Eye Shadow Play Up Trio 1 set
Source
On the cheaper scale for eye shadow, I lean toward Almay products. I was intrigued by these originally because on the commercials they told me they would tell me how to apply the shadow. Which obviously I need. I don't always follow those directions but I do like the colors and the price tag.

ALMAY intense i-color™ Liquid Eyeliner
Source
For liner, which I rarely use because I feel like I always look like a middle-school-teen-with-too-much- makeup-on {I think this is only because I don't wear it often enough so it just looks strange to me. I do wear eyeliner when I am dressing up.}, I use the Almay liquid liner in brown topaz. I like this liner because it always looks very straight and can do a really thin line which I favor. I have never used pencil-type liner so I can't really compare but this is what seems to work for me.
Source
My mom got me this mascara probably about a year ago now, and I will never wear anything else. I love it. It is true to form when it says it adds volume and I would even say a little curl for me. Go get some. Now.

As far as eyes go, those are my juicy secrets. I know, right? I have never been the type to wear the same type of make-up, same look every single day. That's kind of boring to me. I like to change up colors, products or whatever. Unless I find something I love and then I may use it two days in a row instead of one. Just kidding. But for things like mascara I will stick to the same. Or foundation. But with colors, I like to mix it up. Especially according to season and my skin color.

Head on over and link up with Molly for the last installment. It was fun, girls, thanks for hosting!

 
 


2 comments:

Holly said...

I never thought about an eye shadow primer before. MAC is expensive to me, too. I did indulge in a face primer from Clinque. It feels in my pores and make my mineral powder makeup looks cleaner.

Happy President's Day...Eleanor's name always reminds me of FDR. The Poli Sci nerd is coming out. :)

Molly S. said...

Well we have TWO of the same products! Oh ya! I have never tried anything MAC so I need to hop on it!