Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscars, E and Me

I actually watched a whole Academy Awards show. I always think I am going to watch a full awards show and then I don't. It may be on but I'm not really paying attention, or I completely miss it, or one year our friends had an Oscar party so I wasn't really paying attention to the show much because we were busy having fun.

Last night Ben had two basketball games so E and I stayed home and enjoyed the awards show. Well, she kinda babbled on, rolled around, fussed and I watched the show. I could probably say that I could just watch the red carpet and skip the show. I like all the interviews better than listening to a bunch of categories.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite red carpet looks:
I just love Emma Stone. I have liked her in all movies I have seen her in and liked her even more after she presented last night. I thought she was down to earth, funny and not too over the top. She was trying to lighten the mood. I wish more of the presenters could throw a little more humor in the mix. And her dress was gorgeous.
Emma Stone - Oscars 2012 Red Carpet
Source
Michelle Williams seriously does not age. This haircut is beautiful on her, the lips, the eyes and of course the dress. I think she looked wonderful and just like a star. I really want to see My Week With Marilyn.
Source
I don't know if I love this dress but Jessica Chastain's hair and make-up were literally flawless. Her skin is so beautiful and she looked just like a doll. She wore the dress beautifully, I just don't know if I would ever choose it.
Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen at The Oscars 2012
Source
I always love Natalie Portman and last night was no exception. Beautiful, classic and timeless.
Source
Those were just a few of my favorites. I would have to say that next year for the Oscars I will most likely tune in for the red carpet coverage and for the last hour of the show for the big awards. It is fine to have on in the background but it just isn't quite entertaining enough to hold my attention for too long.

No comments: