Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WILW: Hairstyle Edition

As of late, my hair is coming out in clumps handfuls. Luckily I was informed of this hormonal phenomenon prior to giving birth so it did not come as a surprise. Let me explain my hair to you. I. Have. A. Lot. It is along the lines of fine, as in each strand, but as a whole, there is a lotta hair on my head.

It is approaching the mid-back region at this point and I am trying to decide if I should cut it or not. These days I find the strands everywhere. All over my pillow. All over Hub's pillow. All over E--like, in her diaper, in her swaddle, stuck in her neck crease--everywhere. I feel as though if I cut it, it may still be falling out but not quite as long of strands.

I don't want to go too short because I want to be able to put it up in a claw clip or a pony if I need to. Although, I did used to sport quite a short 'do that I loved. But, it basically required styling everyday. Let's face it, that may not be in my daily agenda.

The current state of my locks:
My former short 'do:


Here are some styles that are on my radar:
Simple, with cute, long bangs. I think I could handle styling or just putting this 'do up.
Shoulder Length Haircuts
Source
Love this length and color. Not sure about the bangs but it does look like I could still put it up. It is so hard to tell texture from pictures but I think I may be in a similar realm of texture as this chick.
Source
I love all of these layers for something interesting but I can't tell if this hair is thinner than mine. I think I have a heavier mop to deal with that this blondie.
Source

Super cute length but I may have a problem with where it sits if it is not styled.

Malin Akerman Medium Curls
Source
For now I am just focusing on a cut but if I were willing to fork out a little more dollar, I would definitely go with the ombre look. Luuurve.

Or maybe, I should stay long and go with this color. Hmmmm.
Hey, Drew, love that sexy hair!
Source
Oh Kristen, you are hilarious but that hair style is suuuriously hot.
Ombré Hairstyles: Photos of 20 Amazing Ombre Hairstyles
Source
 Any input?
{linking to:}

2 comments:

Holly said...

You were a doll with short hair, but I love it long too. My favorite style you posted was of the blonde in the white top. I love those layers and it looks easy to do with a baby. :)

Katie {katie lately} said...

I loved your hair short!! The picture you posted isn't really practical now, but when it was like shoulder length I thought it was adorable on you :)