Monday, January 23, 2012

Makeover Monday

This sweet girl and her friend are having a link up now on Mondays to share what products we all use. What a better way to start your Mondays than with a little beauty sharing!

This week we are sharing hair care. This is fitting that this is the first week I am linking up because Katie did my bridal hair! 
There she is, in the mirror--can you see her?!
Side view--not a great view.

 
From the back.
So I am a little embarrassed in front of her to show my current hair care regimen. Oh well, I am keepin' it real around here.

My hair currently lives in two styles. Braid. Messy bun. I know. It's embarrassing. However, I don't really leave the house much so my priority in the morning goes to Baby E not to my long locks. This is also a conundrum I am having lately. Keep it long or cut it off. If I keep it long, it is very easy to pull back from my face. Easy and quick. If I cut it short, it takes time to style--not too much--and I could be a little more stylish. Anyway, back to the matter at hand. What I do to my hair right now.

About every other day, sometimes longer, I wash my hair. With this:
Source
I know, this is a little embarrassing and I'm sure that Katie will not be happy with this (actually, come to think of it, I think she already lectured me about it) but it's cheap and I have never been one to spend a lot on my wash or conditioning. I don't know why. However, I feel like I have been having a little extra buildup lately. Probably due to some crazy hormones and not great shampoo.

And then I use this:
Source
Another pretty generic product. I think it was on sale at Fred Meyer.

So I would say I have wavy hair. Sometimes I like to tame the wave and not have it look all frizzy and stuff so when it is wet, I put this in:
Source
I really like what happens when I use this. I would like to find something that keeps my hair looking wavy, not frizzy and dry looking, though. This mousse kind of keeps it looking wet.

If I have gone some days without washing and my roots are startin' to look like I poured some grease from the bacon pan in them, I use this:
TRESemme FreshStart Dry Shampoo, For Oily/Straight to Normal Hair
Source
I like this stuff, I don't know how efficient it is. I like this smell. I think it seems to hide the fact that I have greasy hair.

In other hair talk--I would like to learn how to curl my hair so I don't look like Shirley Temple. I would like to learn how to use hot rollers properly because I have heard they can be awesome. I would like to learn how to do some quick up-dos that would look normal during the day so I am not always rockin' a messy bun, ponytail or a braid. However, the reality of my life right now is that my hair is not really top priority but if there are ways that you think I could short cut to some hot looks, please, enlighten me. 

Thanks for the link-up, Katie, and if you disapprove of my regimen, please don't be too harsh. :)

Go link-up and share you hair care products and regimen.



5 comments:

Katie {katie lately} said...

haha I still love you Allyce!! :) I will send you some great curly products that dont leave you looking like a wet puppy when I get home :)

Also, here is an AWESOME post on hot rollers! (and all around good read)
http://www.christianwifelife.com/2012/01/hot-rollers-using-steam-and-cool-trick.html

henning love said...

gorgeous wedding hair, really beautiful! i need to dry shampoo, i'm afraid though because my hair is fine and i really can't go more than one day without washing it or else it looks really greasy

Alyssa said...

I've tried the Suave dry shampoo and then tried the Tresseme and I had better luck with Suave. I like the smell of the Tresseme better but it doesn't work as well in my hair!

Jamie LaFuze said...

That is so amazing that Katie did your wedding hair, it was absolutely gorgeous! I've tried dry shampoo but didn't have much success with it. For quick and cute styles I always like the classic bun bit bigger and a little more finished. When I curl my hair I make sure to focus on the bottom half and embrace my comb and brush after. Trust me, you won't brush out your curls!

destinyrachell said...

I hear you on "messy bun" i'm a nurse and thats the best "go to" styles :) nothing wrong with it