Sunday, October 2, 2011

30 Weeks

Is that really a three and a zero? Yes it is. For some reason, all of a sudden, I feel like 30 weeks is pretty far along. I mean, that's only about 10 more weeks to go. 10 weeks?! So exciting! This week has been pretty good. I am pretty tired on Fridays by the end of the work week. This past Sunday I had picked up an extra shift and I will just say my patience isn't as good on the weekends as it is during my regular shifts. Go figure.

I started writing in a little notebook that I am going to carry with me because I cannot remember anything. Whether it be grocery list items, the ongoing list of "things to do before baby arrives," questions for the midwife--seriously, anything.

Case in point, I made a list of three items to go to the store the other day and forgot one item. Honestly, I don't think it gets any worse than that.

Hopefully my notebook helps.

Baby Center tells us that she is just over fifteen and a half inches long and almost three pounds. It also talks about her amniotic fluid decreasing as she gets bigger and the development of her eyesight still progressing. Her movement is definitely changing everyday. She feels more like a little human in there trying to poke out. Sometimes it feels like there is an earthquake going on in my belly. It is quite entertaining.

I got another pair of maternity jeans at Target on sale which was a nice find. They fit great and look a little different than the other ones so that is nice. I generally wear jeans quite often so I figured it would be hard if I only had one pair. Tops I am enjoying tend to be of the looser nature or of stretchy fabrics.

Sleep is actually pretty good this week. I kind of have a little routine of waking up about three or four hours after falling asleep, getting up, taking some Tums, using the bathroom and going to get a little glass of apple juice and then falling right back to sleep. I think it helps me to actually get out of bed to fall back to sleep rather than tossing and turning to find a comfy position. At my massage last week she had a body pillow for me to use and that just might be on my list of things to pick up this week. I think my "two pillow trick" of one between my legs and one up by my body just isn't quite cutting it anymore.

I have been making a little progress on some wall decor for the nursery which is exciting. I found some great frames on sale and then some scrap book paper on sale as well so I can't wait to show the frame collage when it's done.

I have been eating ice cream like crazy it feels like. I want it all the time. It seems to settle well no matter what {which is more than I can say for a lot of food} and it sometimes even chases away the awful heartburn. I even had some with my breakfast the other day. Shhh, don't tell Ben!

We went on a date night last night which was really nice. I have had a gift certificate to use for a few months but the restaurant is about an hour away. We decided we didn't really have big plans so we made the trek. Have to take advantage of the alone time while we can before the lil' peanut arrives!




2 comments:

Holly said...

Hey! I found your blog through Natasha's blog hop. I think we're due around the same time because I just turned 30 weeks yesterday. :)

I hope you're feeling well!

Kat said...

Happy 30 weeks! :) Almost there!