Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wise Words

I just can't get over on a daily basis how fascinating the blog world is. I mean, I'm not really a huge part of it, I don't always link up when I think about it, host guest bloggers, try to be a guest blogger, etc. Maybe someday I will be more driven in the sense of "getting my blog out there," but for now I am content with writing about my life, experiences, marriage and adventures. I get super excited when I get a comment and really excited when I have a new follower.

It really is amazing how I feel like I come to "know" these women whose blogs I read because of how personal they get and what they share about their lives. It is really fun to read words that ring so true to me because we are all in similar seasons of life.

I have been a fan of Little Miss Momma for awhile now and although I do think she is super woman, she likes to remind us all from time to time that she is not. She is a real momma who wears sweatpants a lot which usually have macaroni and cheese on them. {Her words, not mine.} So today, she guest blogged over at The Wiegands a really powerful post. I had read this post before on her blog but I just couldn't help reading it again. I think for a mommy-to-be this is a post that is very important to understand.
Photobucket


Another blog I follow, The Arizona Russums, follows a newlywed couple {well, married over a year now}  and their migration to the southwest while working and her in graduate school. Her post cracked me up up today because I had actually been thinking for a few days about writing a similar post. I totally related to what she was saying about her hair and it made me feel better about the daily conundrum I have with my locks.
Photobucket


I just started following a blog, Living Like the Kings, and Kat cracks me up daily and it is so fun catching up on her and her husband's journey as a couple and now delving into parenthood. This post {she was guest blogging on The Mommy Diaries} was hilarious and who knows, in the next year I may find myself in the same predicament!

As always, I find so much wisdom in the posts at the Blue Eyed Bride. She has two beautiful boys and seriously has given me so much insight into what being a mom and now what being a mom of two can be like. Obviously I am focusing on the one for now but I appreciate all of her writing.

One of the first blogs I ever started reading was Life After I "Dew." Honestly, I have never looked back. Shannon's real life writing and sarcasm keep me smiling a mile a minute. A similar blog is I Love You More Than Carrots with AP and C. These women know how to keep it real in the mommying department.

I do read a couple of other blogs like Bower Power and Young House Love which I love for different reasons than the ones mentioned above. However, I do like how these two work in their real life situations as well as all of their DIY projects.

My point being, I really love being able to sit at my computer for hours upon end half an hour and really soak in a lot of information on so many subjects that I am dealing with. The blog world is really amazing and I guess I just wanted to, along with telling you every blog in my reader {just kidding there are way more that I stalk}, hopefully get a big thank you out to these writers. Your blogs are amazing, I appreciate them and always look forward to more advice, insights, laughs and cute pictures of your kids...or houses...or hair. Basically whatever you're willing to share--I think it's awesome!

What are some of your favorite blogs? What wise words have you heard by reading your blog reel? What is the reason you blog or the reason you read blogs?

2 comments:

The Arizona Russums said...

allyce! thanks for posting this! you are the sweetest! xoxo!

Katie {katie lately} said...

I agree, the blog world is so cool! I just started blogging and am totally amazed by each comment I get in response to either my own posts, or comments on other people's. I follow Casey (The Wiegands) too, and am so inspired by her!